Many Nigerians are unaware of their basic rights which is why these rights are often violated unchecked.
Knowledge, they say, is power.
Knowing your entitlements not only gives you courage but also guides your day to day decisions.
According to chapter IV of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, below are at least ten of your rights as a citizen.
• Right to life.
• Right to dignity of human person.
• Right to personal liberty.
• Right to fair hearing.
• Right to private and family life.
• Right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion.
• Right to freedom of expression and the press.
• Right to peaceful assembly and association.
• Right to freedom of movement.
• Right to freedom from discrimination on
the grounds of ethnic group, place of origin, circumstance of birth, sex, religion or political opinion.